Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Show is Up!

Despite the aforementioned difficulties, the show went up (the final light was adjusted at 1:30 am that Friday...). The opening reception was well attended and everyone seemed to have a good time. Forgive the lack of details; I was a little fuzzy-headed...lack of sleep, too many inhaled fumes, etc., etc.

MY highlights (aka, things that I actually remember):
  • Every portrait subject except for one (Rose-Colored Glasses) was present. It was great fun watching their reactions to other people’s reactions to their portraits, especially when those around them weren’t aware it was them. (Does that make any sense?)
  • Seeing the Scottish contingent who came all the way from DC for the show...this was the tighty-whitey wearing kilt guy who was featured on this blog and in the photo quilt at the exhibit. (Come on, admit it...you always wondered what they wore under those kilts didn’t you???)
  • Meeting my husband’s date.
  • Introducing my husband to my date.
  • My parents meeting my husband’s date. (Haha, ok, I should say my ex-husband, since we’ve been separated for two years, but that sounded funnier...and it really was the first time any introductions of the sort have been made...)
  • Hearing the many stories that went with the submitted photos...stories of introspection and personal growth.

No comments: