Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thank you, thank you, thank you

This show wouldn’t have been possible without the help of many, many people.

I’d like to thank all of those people who submitted photos...everyone from friends and family (oh, and sorry about the insistent phone calls and emails bugging you to submit photos) to complete strangers who saw the blog or a postcard.

Thank you to the Ukrop's for the very generous permission to use their logo on Revelations.

Thank you to Thomas, wherever you are, for asking me the simple question (almost TEN years ago...) that changed my life, "What would you be doing if you could do anything at all?"

Thank you, Arlene, for guiding me in the yogic lifestyle...and letting me off the hook when it was obvious that I had overestimated my capabilities.

Special thanks goes to Becky Eschenroeder, Vinnie Gonzales and Tom Wilkerson; all very talented photographers who shared their photographs with me.

Thanks to my parents and sister for their help and support.

AND, extreme gratitude goes to Eti de Villiers for all of his amazing help with every facet of this show. Here's a photo of him hanging the quilt...if I had them, I would include photos of him helping me stretch some pretty large canvases, grommeting 800 corners (because, even with all of my weight on the grommet press, I couldn't make it work...oh darn), detailed planning and hanging of the photos, framing the paintings, hanging the paintings, lighting the paintings and graciously dealing with my freaked-out self.

1 comment:

Mike Guyer said...

It was great meeting you the other night at the opening. I'm always interested in the story behind the artist, and few artists I've met have been so warm and open in telling their stories. My friend Kori and I were equally impressed by you as both an artist and a person. I'd love to keep in touch.

Mike Guyer
Artist and Educator
www.mikeguyer.com